- 4 large bell peppers (any color you prefer)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (or rice of your choice)
- 1 cup Shrewd Food Protein Puffs (flavor of your choice)
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or dairy-free cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the bell peppers: Cut off the tops of the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Lightly brush the outside of the peppers with olive oil, and place them in a baking dish. You can also lightly salt the insides of the peppers if desired.
- Prepare the filling: In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, Shrewd Food Protein Puffs (slightly crushed for texture), black beans, diced tomatoes, red onion, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, ground cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Mix everything thoroughly until well combined.
- Stuff the bell peppers: Divide the filling evenly among the four bell peppers, gently pressing it down to pack the mixture.
- Add the topping: Sprinkle a little extra shredded cheese on top of each stuffed pepper for a golden and cheesy finish.
- Bake in the oven: Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the bell peppers are tender and the filling is heated through.
- Serve and enjoy: Remove the foil and let the stuffed bell peppers cool slightly before serving. Garnish with additional cilantro if desired. Serve them as a delicious and protein-packed main course or as a delightful side dish.
Note: Feel free to customize the filling by adding other vegetables, spices, or protein sources. You can also adjust the level of spiciness based on your taste preferences. The Protein Puff Stuffed Bell Peppers are a delightful way to enjoy the crispy goodness of Shrewd Food Protein Puffs along with wholesome and flavorful ingredients!