Mini Cheesecake Bites
They say you can’t have your cake and eat it too, but in this case, you can! These Mini Cheesecake Bites are protein-packed treats you are sure to love! Shrewd Food Protein Cookies are used for the cheesecake crust in this recipe to keep it high in protein and a full serving of fruits and vegetables. The crust combined with the top layer (made of high-protein ingredients like Greek yogurt and cream cheese) makes these a filling, well-rounded dessert – guaranteed to leave you feeling satisfied and guilt-free.
These mini cheesecake bites are so delicious, no one would ever believe they could possibly be good for you!
- ½ cup Greek-Style yogurt
- ¼ cup organic cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup blackberries
- 2 cups almond or pecan flour (you can pulse nuts in a food processor to make flour)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup crushed Shrewd Food Protein Cookies
- 4-6 tbsp melted coconut oil
- Lightly grease a mini or standard muffin tin.
- Combine crust ingredients above, then press with your fingers to create a compact crust at the bottom of the muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, cream cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk together until completely smooth.
- Add about two tablespoons of filling evenly among the muffin tins. Tap the tray on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles. Top with berries.
- Place in the freezer until firm (about 4-6 hours).
- Once set, enjoy slightly defrosted or straight from the freezer.
- Keep the individual cheesecakes in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1-2 weeks.
By: Kate Horney @beyondfitmom