Not only does Shrewd Food make smarter snacking options that don’t sacrifice taste despite being good for you, but my family has come to love using Shrewd Food snacks as part of our favorite healthy recipes as well!
Shrewd Food Protein Puffs have as much protein as they do flavor, coming in at 14g of protein per serving, so adding protein puffs to your favorite recipes is a great way to boost the protein intake of breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Breakfast: Shrewd Food Strawberries & Cream Baked Donuts
Are you a donut lover like us?
If so, we know you’ll enjoy these healthy baked donuts in the morning or as a sweet snack anytime!
BeyondFit’s Basic Baked Donuts
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup stevia in the raw (or sweetener of choice)
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- (optional) flavor ideas below!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease donut pan with coconut oil.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together wet ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into dry and combine thoroughly.
- Spoon batter into greased donut pan until wells are 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Cool 1-2 minutes before carefully removing the donuts from the pan.
To make our Strawberries & Cream Baked Donuts we took the basic recipe above and added some strawberry frosting along with Shrewd Food Strawberries & Cream Protein Puffs!
For the Frosting & Topping:
- ¼ Cup Coconut Yogurt
- 1 scoop Strawberry Kidz Shake
- A bag of Shrewd Food Strawberries & Cream Protein Puffs to top
Other Favorite Flavor Ideas:
Pumpkin Spice (cinnamon, stevia + pumpkin pie spice)
Apple Pie (apple pie spice + thinly sliced apple chunks)
Blueberry Lemon (fresh blueberries + 2 tsp lemon juice)
Maple Glazed (melt coconut oil + sugar-free maple syrup as frosting)
Coconut (dipped in melted coconut oil + unsweetened coconut)
Chocolate (add unsweetened cocoa powder to your donut batter) topped with Cookies & Cream Protein Puffs
Jelly Filled (add some sugar-free jelly in the middle!)
What is YOUR favorite donut?
Give this recipe a try, add your own unique twist, and post a photo of your healthy baked donuts tagging @shrewdfoodco and @beyondfitmom!
Lunch: Shrewd Food Tacos In A Bag
Eating taco salad out of a Shrewd Food Protein Puff bag is easy and delicious!
- 4 Bags of Shrewd Food Protein Puffs (We love Nacho or Sriracha Cheddar)
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 pkg Taco Seasoning
- Optional: Top with your favorite Salsa, Beans, Lettuce Avocado, Cheese or Sour Cream
- Brown your Ground Beef
- Drain, add one packet taco seasoning and 1 cup water
- Simmer 4 minutes
- Grate your cheese, shred your lettuce
- Take a Shrewd Food Protein Puff Bag and open up the bag from the top.
- Add your taco meat and any other ingredients you’d like
Eat with a fork right from the bag!
Dinner: Shrewd Food Parmesan & Herb Bruschetta Salad
Savory herbs and parmesan deliciousness are the perfect way to top off any salad. Add some homemade bruschetta and you will be looking forward to salads all summer long!
This homemade Bruschetta combines garlic toast topped with juicy tomatoes, basil, and salt and pairs perfectly with Shrewd Food Parmesan Herb Protein Croutons!
- 20-24 oz fresh tomatoes (4-5 Roma tomatoes or 3-4 regular tomatoes) diced small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt & pepper (or to taste)
- Dice tomatoes about 1/4″ and lightly drain.
- Mix all ingredients and let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Top salad with tomato mixture and Shrewd Food Croutons.
Kate Horney has a degree in Exercise Science and is a busy mom of two boys. Kate has over 10 years of experience in the fitness industry helping busy moms and their families learn how to live a healthy, happy and balanced lifestyle.
Connect with Kate: beyondfitmom.com