7 healthy snacks you can take to work
Hello, my name is Rachel and I love snacks. Whenever I left my house, or relatives’ homes as a kid I always had a snack bag. And as an adult, I am usually the one friend who is always walking around with a snack or two in her purse. When deciding to eat healthier one of the first things that usually crosses people’s minds is “What can I have for a SNACK.” Let’s be real, they’re one of the hardest things to give up and most of the time it’s because we think there are no tasty substitutes. I’ll be honest I thought the same. It wasn’t until I actually started looking and creating some of these snacks that I realized how much more there really is out there. And with more and more companies supporting the healthy snacker, you’re bound to find a snack or two you just can’t believe you’ve lived without. Here’s a list of 8 healthy snacks you can take to work.
1. The first snack on the list is good ole yogurt. Some yogurts are high in protein, help with weight management, and even benefit your digestive system. One of my favorite yogurts is Two Good Yogurt. It’s low in carbs, sugar, calories, and is high in protein! You can top it with granola, fresh fruit, shredded coconut, or dark chocolate chips.
2. Chips are one of my favorite snacks buts let’s be honest the ingredients do absolutely nothing for you. And as soon as you’ve finished a bag filled with half chips and half air, you’re still hungry. That why I love shrewd food puffs. They’re low in carbs and have a ton of flavors. Brick oven pizza and siracha cheese are my favorites. They are also high in protein. So, you will actually feel full and satiated. How’s that for a successful snack.
3. Another great snack you can keep at your desk for work is beef sticks. No, not the ones with corn syrup and unreadable ingredients. I am talking about beef sticks like Real Snacks Real beef sticks. They’re 100% USDA beef, non-GMO, gluten-free, and have zero nitrates. My favorite flavor is garlic and herb.
4. What’s a snack list without chocolate! Am I right?? I am a huge fan of two brands of chocolate. Lilly’s Sweets chocolate and Choc Zero. Both come in different flavors and are perfect alternatives to sugary chocolate.
5. Veggie chips are super delicious. For example, you can put some kale, or zucchini on a pan. Season them, and then bake them in the oven. Store them and pack them for work. It comes out nice and crispy and you are getting health benefits from eating vegetables.
You can also cut up some cucumbers, add some cream cheese and sprinkle everything but the bagel seasoning. So good! I recently saw a Tik Tok where a girl dipped red bell peppers in cream cheese sprinkled with everything but the bagel seasoning. It’s a thing, I’m telling you, you’ve got to try it.
6. Sugar-free gummy bears are one of my favorite easy snacks to make at home. Amazon sells the mold and one batch makes about 50. Meaning you can take the entire batch with you to work and eat them in peace. You can also add electrolytes to make them even healthier. Simply delish makes natural gelatin without all of the artificial ingredients. If you’re not into making gummy bears from scratch pack some sugar-free Jello.
7. Are there any cheese lovers here? Mini cheese platters are great to take to work. Cut up some mozzarella slices, some cheddar, add some salami or pepperoni with a handful of almonds. This will definitely help you get past the 3 o’clock hump.
These are just a few snack ideas. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring or tasteless. There are so many more options out there, you just need to do a little research. Happy snacking!
Rachel Morales is an entrepreneur born and raised in NY. She is a married mother of 2 who understands the struggles that come with making healthy food choices. As a blogger sharing her ketogenic lifestyle and recipes, Rachel‘s passion is to encourage others on their health and wellness journey. She finds healthy substitutions, shares tips and tricks, and is your personal taste tester, trying new foods to give them the green light. You can follow her on Instagram @Its_keto_sis for more ideas and support.