With summer officially kicking off this weekend, I’m sharing two of our favorite hot-weather treats. If your sweet tooth is getting the best of you, consider treating yourself to a healthy version of your favorite dessert instead. You will still satisfy your sweet tooth, and you will avoid the sugar coma that comes from most traditional desserts.
Most traditional dessert recipes completely ignore the hormonal impact of your food. Even low-calorie desserts are still full of sugar and do nothing to make you balance cravings or burn more body fat. Making my own healthy desserts (aka “Dessert Defense”) is an awesome way to enjoy dessert and still stay on track with my fitness and fat loss goals!
When it comes to satisfying your sweet tooth, these healthy desserts using protein-packed Shrewd Food snacks are sure to please your entire family!
BeyondFit Mom’s Cookies & Cream Milkshake
Craving something sweet and chocolatey? Looking for a healthier version of your favorite ice cream? Shrewd Food has you covered! Shrewd Food’s Cookies & Cream Puffs are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and the crunch you desire while providing 14g of protein and only 90 calories.
We love to add them to the top of our Cookies & Cream Milkshakes (aka protein shakes). When my kids ask for ice cream, we love to make this quick and easy milkshake. I love that the Cookies & Cream Puffs have as much protein as they do flavor, with 14 grams of protein per serving! They’re also gluten-free and free from corn syrup, artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives… this makes for the perfect for a guilt-free dessert!
This recipe is for anyone that wants to eat healthier without sacrificing taste.
Cookies & Cream Milkshake
● 1 Serving Vanilla whey protein powder
● 1 Cup almond milk
● 2 TBSP Cocoa Powder
● 2 TBSP sweetener of choice
● Add ice to desired thickness
● Crushed Cookies & Cream Protein Puffs
● Sugar-Free Chocolate Syrup
1. Blend at high speed.
2. Top with toppings of choice.
BeyondFit Mom’s Low Carb Mini Cheesecake Bites
They say you can’t have your cake and eat it too, but in this case, you can! This Low Carb Mini Cheesecake Bites protein-packed treats you are sure to love!
Shrewd Food Protein Cookies are used for the cheesecake crust in this recipe to keep it low carb and high protein. The crust combined with the top layer (made of high-protein ingredients like Greek yogurt and cream cheese) makes these a filling, well-rounded snack guaranteed to leave you feeling satisfied and energized.
These mini cheesecake bites are so delicious, no one would ever believe they could possibly be low carb!
Low Carb Mini Cheesecake Bites
● ½ cup Greek-Style yogurt
● ¼ cup organic cream cheese
● 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
● ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
● ¼ cup blackberries
● 2 cups almond or pecan flour (you can pulse nuts in a food processor to make flour)
● ¼ tsp salt
● ¼ cup crushed Shrewd Food Protein Cookies
● 4-6 tbsp melted coconut oil
1. Lightly grease a mini or standard muffin tin.
2. Combine crust ingredients above, then press with your fingers to create a compact crust at the bottom of the muffin tin.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, cream cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk together until completely smooth.
4. Add about two tablespoons of filling evenly among the muffin tins. Tap the tray on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles. Top with berries.
5. Place in the freezer until firm (about 4-6 hours).
6. Once set, enjoy slightly defrosted or straight from the freezer.
7. Keep the individual cheesecakes in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1-2 weeks.
Bio: Kate Horney has a degree in Exercise Science and is a busy mom of two boys.
Kate has over 10 years of experience in the fitness industry helping busy moms and their families learn how to live a healthy, happy, and balanced lifestyle.
Connect with Kate: beyondfitmom.com | Instagram: @beyondfitmom | Pinterest: BeyondFit Mom | Facebook: BeyondFit Mom