Hey, it’s Rachel here and I am back with another list of snacks. I mean, are you surprised? I don’t know what it is about snack time, but you know that Winnie the Pooh meme where he’s sitting at the table excited to eat? Yea, that’s me! Haha.
One of the great things about keto is that there are a ton of keto–approved snacks out there. And they are actually delicious! But where do you start? The first tip I’d give is to always read your labels and check the ingredients. Luckily there are some really great products on the market and more coming out each day. But back to this list! Do you have a sweet tooth or are you into salty snacks? I love a little of both, but today I’ve put together some of the best keto sweets – some store-bought and some homemade.
- Coming in my top ten would definitely have to be the Dark Chocolate and Milk Chocolate Keto Dippers from Shrewd Food. They have the perfect amount of chocolate wrapped around a crunchy puff. It’s so easy to go through a bag and will satisfy that chocolate craving perfectly.
- Speaking of chocolate, ChocZero has got to be my favorite chocolate, hands down. From their white chocolate peanut butter cups to their hazelnut keto bark, there’s no chocolate craving they can’t satisfy. They are also made with really great ingredients and no sugar alcohols.
- Lily’s Chocolate is another great brand and you can find them at Whole Foods and some supermarkets. They also have baking chips and their chocolate covered peanuts are to die for!
- How about some fat bomb cookies? If you have 15 minutes, you can take any nut butter (8oz.), mixed with 1 egg, and 1 cup of keto–friendly sugar until you get a dough. Then roll them into balls, place them on parchment paper, flatten them and cook them in the oven for 15 minutes at 354 degrees. Tada!
- Want something quicker? Then you’ve got to try the infamous mug cake. There a ton of recipes out there on Pinterest. This is a great dessert because you can make it in 1 minute, 90 seconds tops! How’s that for instant gratification!
- Protein bars are also a great grab–and–go option and here are a few I love. *Keto Bars – chocolate strawberry is my favorite *Good to Go – The raspberry lemon bar is so good and the Cinnamon pecan is great with coffee
*Munk Pack- chocolate coconut bar is amazing
- Nush has some delicious snack cakes! I love the cherry almond and banana nut cake. They range from 2-3 net carbs each and are a perfect snack!
- Speaking of cake, I recently tried Smart Cake and whoa – game changer. You keep them frozen which is great for shelf life and then pop them in the microwave. Outcomes a delicious bouncy cake.
- Also, you can’t have a list of the best sweets without ice cream, am I right?! Some of the best keto ice cream brands are Enlightened, Rebel, and Halo Top. If you can’t find these in any stores near you, have no fear! You can make your own ice cream with heavy cream, sweetener, and some vanilla extract. Add in some unsweetened cocoa powder for homemade chocolate ice cream!
- Last but certainly not least, I need to introduce you to Snack House. Their cereal is out of this world, delicious, and to be honest, I eat it straight out of the bag. Fruity Rubbles (keto-fied Fruity Pebbles) is my favorite!!
I could really go on and on and name so many more amazing snacks, but just know that snacking doesn’t have to be unhealthy. You can enjoy delicious foods and still reach your keto goals. Happy snacking!
Rachel Morales is an entrepreneur born and raised in NY. She is a married mother of 2 who understands the struggles that come with making healthy food choices. As a blogger sharing her ketogenic lifestyle and recipes, Rachel’s passion is to encourage others on their health and wellness journey. She finds healthy substitutions, shares tips and tricks, and is your personal taste tester, trying new foods to give them the green light. You can follow her on Instagram @Its_keto_sis for more ideas and support.